Week 17: Wrapping It Up!

This has truly been a great and informative semester. I really enjoyed this class, not only for the knowledge that I gained, but also for the feedback that I received from Professor Faulk and my fellow classmates. I know that the information that I received during this semester will only strengthen my business, and any other businesses that I am starting in the near future. I came into this class having already used social media for my business, but I learned new ways to utilize it to its full potential so that it assists in the success of my businesses. I only wish that there was more time to get more information so that I can confidently use all platforms for my businesses, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.

I would definitely say that my viewpoint regarding social media has changed since taking this class. One of the key concepts that I learned this semester is that all social media platforms are not to be treated the same. This is something that I didn't grasp prior to taking this class because I would post to Instagram and just link the posts to Facebook and Twitter. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I never followed up with posts in the separate platforms. I just assumed that Facebook and Twitter would react how Instagram reacted to the content. So not true! My number of followers and post engagements showed that this idea didn't work.

Now, I have a better understanding of how to SUCCESSFULLY use social media. The main thing being that it is one of the best marketing tools in this digital age. Having a new understanding for the analytics will most certainly help my business. It will show me what posts the audience are responding to and how well the responses are. As mentioned before, I now know not to just link the posts from Instagram to other platforms, but to create a more unique post that caters to the essential purpose of that specific social media platform. Also, posting consistently will keep my audience engaged. I noticed that my business loses followers when I have large time gaps between posts.

In the beginning of the semester I was trying to post regularly which would be at least twice per week. Toward the end of the semester I kind of reverted back to my old habits of missing a week or two of posts. There is not always a lot of content to post so always posting a song seems redundant. One of the goals that I have moving forward is to mix up the posting content to keep the interest of our audience. Utilizing the concepts and methods that were taught this semester has already had an impact on my business. Primarily seen in the growth of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers. Along with increase in followers, there has also been an increase of audience engagement with my posts. Going forward, I can see that with having a solid understanding of social media and with consistent posting that it will be an extremely beneficial tool for me.

So after learning everything this semester, I have come to the conclusion that there are some features that I want to implement going forward. The first being a newsletter. I like the idea of using a newsletter at least once every quarter so that my audience can stay connected with what is going on with the business. For example, having a discount on recording/studio services or showing "behind the scenes" content only in the newsletter so that there may be some incentive to subscribe to the letter. Another feature is Facebook and Instagram ads. I know it sounds crazy, but I do not utilize this feature. After seeing the results during the Week 14 assignment I will surely use this feature on a monthly basis! Overall, I really enjoyed taking this class this semester, and I am really grateful for the knowledge that I received from Professor Faulk and my fellow classmates!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication - Business and Consumer

Week 1A: My Template

Week 5B: Defining My Target Market