Week 2A: Overview of Social Media

I believe that Facebook seems to be more geared for personal use.
This is just my experience that this social media platforms does not necessarily provide a good following.
Also, the followers that are on there do not interact with the business posts.
Our business has had better success on Instagram, Twitter, or even Snapchat.
When we’ve posted personal posts on Facebook, we get alot of interaction with our followers.
I just think Facebook is more personal because it’s family oriented and people mainly sharing their lives instead of being sold products.


Instagram and Twitter seem to be more suitable for business because Twitter is mainly used to network, but Instagram just seems to have a better turnout in regards to audience growth.
You can post about new products and services with trending hashtags to bring more attention to your business.
Even LinkedIn is a good social media platform to use for business.
It’s set up for professionals networking with each other and it brings attention to your business.

Instagram and Twitter seem to work well as business and personal social media platforms.
A lot of people have their family and friends on both platforms and communicate with them.
Through pictures people can share their lives and make new friends by gaining new followers.
I strongly believe that these two are possibly the best social media platforms out there right now.

Comments

  1. Hi Latasha!
    I agree that Facebook is a great avenue for personal use and have found that is a good platform for businesses as well (advertisements, ability to easily "share"). I like your thoughts on how Instagram and Twitter have the ease of use advantage and the ability to gain new followers.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my experience with Facebookd ads, I would have to agree with you. I do gain many likes on the ads but have not made any sales from an ad yet. I have made a couple of sales from event promotions on Facebook , and also from feed posts with images. I've also found that when I post videos of products I gain a couple of likes. That being said, I personally don't like it so much and think that Business Manager is difficult to use.
    I prefer to use Instagram simply because users are more interactive and I get a rush from getting likes and comments. The downfall is that I have only made a few sales from IG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you explained why you think Facebook is a better platform of social media. For me it would probably have to be Instagram, just because all of my family is already on Instagram. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication - Business and Consumer

Week 1A: My Template

Week 5B: Defining My Target Market