Week 6A: Alternate Assignment

 The Churchboy Beats business page for Facebook was created when we decided to start the company in January of 2017. It seems that the number of followers for our Facebook page is decreasing. We currently have 78 followers, but we had 85 when we started the page. Typically, the only activity that comes from the page are from the Instagram posts that we link to Facebook and Twitter. Since we do not usually get engagement from our followers on Facebook, we tend to post to Instagram more. Sometimes we will link the posts to Facebook, but we usually don't because unfortunately we do not get any interaction from our followers. Personally I just don't think we're using Facebook correctly for our business because we cannot operate it the same way we would Instagram which is just pictures and videos with emoji captions. I am confident that once we learn how to utilize it correctly it will work in our favor.

After doing some research I came across 3 similar businesses on Facebook. Raenio Music, Studio M.I.F, and Raz Klinghoffer. So far, Raenio Music has only posted pictures of their studio equipment and the last actual post was in November 2018. On the other hand, Raz Klinghoffer and Studio M.I.F have more recent posts showing off their work for their followers to see. I cant really speak for Raenio Music because they haven't posted any content beside studio equipment, but the other two companies seem as though they are using Facebook effectively because Studio M.I.F has 754 followers and Raz Klinghoffer has 3,919 followers. It seems as though they are posting content on Facebook close to every week which keeps their followers engaged.

Another observation is that two of these three similar companies use their "call to action" buttons to send the followers back to their website. Which is exactly what we have done with our Facebook page. All three of the similar businesses also have a cover photo that perfectly explains what they do. I would say that they are using Facebook really well based on their follower count and engagement on posts. After reviewing these businesses I can see ways to improve my business Facebook page. The main thing is to make sure that I am posting on a regular basis instead of being so "hit and miss" with our posts. This keeps the followers involved in my page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication - Business and Consumer

Week 1A: My Template

Week 10A: Blogging for Business